Friday, April 1, 2011

Numero Uno.

Well, here I am blog world. After much thought on what my first post would be, I settled on my thoughts on blogs and bloggers and why I now exist on the big, bad blog world. I used to (definitely still do) think that blogging is the epitomy of self-absorbtion and narrcissisticness... word? You've got to think your pretty, darn special to think people will go out of their way to read what you have to say about (most of the time) a whole lot of nothingness. And then I became a mom. All of a sudden after 8 short months (Ledge was a preemie) and two hours of hell, (yes, that is how I would accurately describe my natural labor. No-meds-moms back me up here...) out popped a tiny human and with him....... a mom. WEIRD. MOOOOOOOMMMMM. That is such a weird word with a weird connotation. It means old, it means responsible, it means sacrifice (oh man does it ever!) it means not sexy, it means BLOG. I appreciate honesty. I won't lie to you. I won't paint my life in a certain way to make you think I have it all together. I don't. And I think that anyone who says they do is either lying, or not a mom. Gross. I hate that this is turning into a MOM blog, but that is my identity now, foreeeeeevvvverrrrr......(Sandlot anyone?) and I wouldn't have it any other way. *big smile* So for now, like it or leave it. I'm here to stay. Blogging my journey (cue the blog cliche') through motherhood, wifehood and lifehood. And that my friends, is my first blog post.

2 comments:

  1. Good job Emily! I keep thinking that one day I will write my thoughts and experiences of being a StepMom. Being a Stepmom involves a complexity of matters to say the least!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awe. yay Em. so sweet. and i LOVE your honesty =)

    ReplyDelete