Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Daddy's boy. *sad face*

I thought my son hated me.

Since my return from a 3 day work trip to Chicago, my son has been SUPER clingy to his dad. Which is really nice because it shows just how much my husband loves the little guy. And watching Legend respond to the the love that he feels from his daddio warms my heart. But also, makes me a tad....OK, a TON jealous. He lights up when his dad enters the room, he whines until he picks him up and once he does, he wants NOTHING to do with me, his mom. His MOM, the person whom, for his entire life has taken care of his every need. The person who has wiped his tiny, stinky bum more than anyone, worried about every little bump, rash and choking hazard, and fed him every 2 hours from my very own bosom!

I should be grateful that he is feeling this bond with his father, but the truth is.... I feel completely rejected. (Just one more of those things nobody tells you about before becoming a mother.) I spent the day trying to reconnect with my tiny human. I felt like I was trying to prove to my son that I was a good mother, that I was worth loving. Sounds silly, I know. But I did come to a realization... although my son's affections may change and his loyalties may waiver, he needs me. I'm his mom, his mother, I gave him life. I love him more than all things imaginable. And there is nothing my son can do that will change my love, my protection or my adoration for him. So too, is the Lord's love for me. Although it is a simple concept, it's also really good to know.

Does my son love me? Of course he does. Does the Lord's love for me ever change? Never. So here's to showing my affection for my Heavenly Father and reconnecting with my little man! *grin*

No comments:

Post a Comment